William George Jordan was born in 1864 and died in 1928. At the time he was a well-known editor for many publications, one of which was the Saturday Evening Post . Although Jordan was a highly respected editor, he also became known for his presentations and books in the area of mental training – the art of being calm! [i] Jordan said, “Calmness is the rarest quality in human life. It is the poise of a great nature, in harmony with itself and its ideals. It is the moral atmosphere of a life self-centered, self reliant, and self-controlled. Calmness is singleness of purpose, absolute confidence, and conscious power - ready to be focused in an instant to meet any crisis ." J ordan goes on to state that the fatalist is not calm, and that this person usually surrenders to his or her present situation. I did not read the works of William George Jordan until I was much older in life. I was surprised to find a fellow author, who believe...
Comments